One of my favorite reads last year was, hands down, Anomaly by Krista McGee. It’s a fantastic YA dystopian novel I’d recommend to anyone! As a bonus the author is pretty awesome too. I mean she’s lived in Spain and Costa Rica, what more evidence do you need ;)? I love the heart behind her writing and I’m so excited to dive into the next book in the series, Luminary, which is waiting patiently on my kindle. So it is truly my pleasure to have her hang out today on Books and Beverages!
I write for teens, teach teens, and more often than not, act like a teen. My family and I have lived and ministered in Texas, Costa Rica, and Spain. Our current hometown is Tampa, FL. Check out my website for FAQ’s, info on my books, and my blog.
1. What is something about your life right now that you would never imagined 5 years ago?
I wouldn’t have imagined I’d be a published writer! Five years ago, I was just starting to think about writing First Date, but I didn’t even know if I could actually finish the book. I certainly wouldn’t have imagined that I’d write three YA contemporary books and then switch genres to write YA dystopian.
2. What is one thing that you would go back and do differently if you could?
That’s a tough question! As a writer, I think I would start working on the craft earlier. I didn’t really get serious about writing until five years ago.
3. What is one of the happiest moments of your life?
It’s a four-way tie between my wedding day and the births of my three children.
4. What is one thing you want the next generation to know?
As a wholehearted, committed Christian, I want this generation to know that God has great plans for them, that He is worth knowing and serving. We get too caught up in things that don’t matter and miss out on what matters most.
Thank you so much for sharing Krista! I love it! If you haven’t had a chance to dive into the awesome dystopian world McGee has created, well, you must. I’ll even make it easy for you by giving away either a copy of Anomaly or Luminary! All you gotta do is leave a comment. Below are plenty of other options to get more entries 🙂
- Share on Twitter and/or Facebook. Feel free to use this tweet: Want to win a copy of one of @KristaMcGeeYA’s Anomaly or Luminary? You can win here! https://buff.ly/1dpp8mQ via @jamielynne82
- Follow Books and Beverages on Facebook, and/or on the newly minted Google + page!
- Sign up for the Books and Beverages Quarterly Newsletter! (5 more entries if you do or if you’re already are signed up!). You can sign up here.
Be sure to leave a comment! Leave one by 1/30/14 at 11:59 (CST).