I could make this blog post rather short by answering with a simple “why not blog about books?” response, but that wouldn’t be as much fun! So without further ado, here’s the top five reasons I write about all things books!
1. Free books: Getting free books in exchange for my honest reviews is the same thing as getting paid for me. Why? The money I might make from it (if publishers did that, but they don’t. Something about it being illegal..whatevs), would go on books anyway, so it all equals out in the end. But for real, I love it. Whenever I get the monthly email from Bethany House Publishing or Litfuse for upcoming releases to request, it’s a little something like STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOIN’, CAUSE I’M ABOUT TO RUIN.. you bet that email always gets the quickest response. So yeah, free books make me happy.
2. I can say I use my college degree. I paid beacuop for my education*, so I count this type of writing as journalism, thus putting those years to work. I do love writing though, even if it’s not in the “traditional” sense, so thank you world wide web and WordPress for making that a possibility.
3. I get to act like I’m friends with my favorite authors. Thanks to social media and the internet it’s so easy to connect with authors! And if they respond to a tweet or something on Facebook, y’all I feel like I’m famous. But if I ever had the chance to actually meet them in person, we all know what would happen…
4. The community. Oh, you love books? You know we’re best friends now right? Just like I love talking sports, I love talking books. Like the day this discussion happened? Or this one? Oh and recently this one?? Yes please!
So yeah, connecting with fellow bloggers and readers and such for the sole purpose of sharing our love of literature…All day baby..all day!
5. It makes my heart happy. When someone tells me they read a book I recommended and loved it – I feel like my life mission is complete.
I love the power of story, so sharing it and people getting something from it is such a blessing. I know, I’m a cheese ball.
And if this blog ever gets me a job? Y’all..I will pass.out.
How about you? Do you blog? If it’s about books or cats (no judgement) or whatever, I’d love to know your heart behind it! And if you don’t blog, but follow along, I’d love to hear some of your favorite blogs!
*While an education at Azusa Pacific was rather costly I wouldn’t trade those years for anything!