Hello friends and welcome to another stop of The Conspiracy of Silence Tour! Since I’m, how shall we say, a fan of history, I get to share about The Aleppo Codex, which you’ll have to read the book to see why I’m sharing about it! 🙂
1. So what is The Aleppo Codex? I’m so glad you asked! Here’s the short definition: The Aleppo Codex is an old manuscript of the Bible. It’s the oldest and most complete Hebrew Bible.
2. The Aleppo Codex reached Israel in 1958, where it remains today in the Israel Museum.
3. Leaves (pages) went missing in 1947 after riots broke out when the state of Israel was declared by the United Nations. What happened to them remains a mystery. Some believe they were taken, some believe they were destroyed by fires from the riots. To add to the mystery, missing pages turned up in 1982 and 2007.
4. The Codex was in Syria for nearly 500 years.
5. A photographic version was released in 1976. You can view it here!
Here’s one of my favorite verses 🙂 (Joshua 1:9)
I hope these quick facts peaked your interest! I know my inner Indiana Jones couldn’t resist. So just what does this mean for the story???
If you’re interested in finding out more about The Aleppo Codex, below are some of my sources for this article and further reading!
- Crown of Aleppo: The Mystery of the Oldest Hebrew Bible Codex
- The Aleppo Codex: In Pursuit of One of the World’s Most Coveted, Sacred, and Mysterious Books
- The official website.
- “A High Holy Whodunit” by Ronen Bergman
And check out this awesome giveaway!! Check out all the details by clicking on the picture or this link!