We’re thrilled to announce the 2017 INSPYs judging applications are now open. Bloggers, you can now apply to be a 2017 judge! We’re so excited you share an interest in the Inspy’s with us. Without you, this program wouldn’t work and we value your time, enthusiasm, individual perspective and dedication to these awards for the month-and-a-half you will be reading and critiquing the shortlisted novels with fellow judges. Before applying, we do ask that you carefully consider what is involved in judging and understand what you are agreeing to.
We have some upfront simple criteria that must be met:
• You must be a blogger.
• You must provide a link to a recent book review you’ve written.
• You must agree to our statement of faith. We are looking for judges who are people of the Christian faith.
• You must be willing to obtain all of the books if necessary.
• You must agree to read all five shortlisted books by June 14 and participate in an online discussion with the other judges to determine the winner.
• You agree not to blog/tweet/Facebook about the shortlisted books as you are reading them or discussing them. After the winners are announced, you are welcome to blog about them.
The judging for the INSPYs takes place in two stages.
First Stage Once the period for book nominations has closed, the INSPYs Advisory Board will review the nominations and create a shortlist for each category of five books each. This will be a collaborative process and every effort will be made to read at least a sampling of every book nominated.
Second Stage The shortlists will then be passed onto the preselected judges. All judges must be bloggers with some book reviewing experience. These judges will consider the books and select the winner.
For more information on who and what we will be looking for in a judge and the application form, please visit our 2017 application page to apply.
We are so excited to find a fabulous panel of judges and look forward to working with you!
We will accept applications (via the application form) through March 31, 2017. Judges will be announced April 15, 2017 (and shortlists will be announced April 30).