Internet, this has been such a fantastic week of blogging. I mean, the discussions and interviews I’ve had with y’all have made my little heart of nerdy smile! So what could possibly seal the deal for an awesome week? Oh, how about one of my favorite artists on the blog????? I’m pretty sure my friends want to delete my phone from all the blog related really excited texts I’ve sent them this week. But do you blame me?! I’m not embarrassed by this.
Yes friends, Dave Barnes has yet again shown his awesomeness by joining the 4 Questions blog. His music is absolutely fantastic and his songwriting is just as awesome (people like Blake Shelton sing his songs, so I’m not riding solo in this opinion). Oh and he is hilarious. Like you’ll actually laugh out loud, not just LOL. Take a glimmer at his Instagram feed and you’ll find proof. Or this inspiring workout video.
Plus he likes to save the world. He’s one of the artists who promotes Mocha Club (they work in Africa doing all sorts of awesome things and you should join my team) and shares about them at each of his concerts.
While his choice in English futbol might be a little sketch ;), he does have the twitter bio ever: Rocker. Roller. Laugher. Writer. Intramural Softball Champion. Ex TCBY Employee.
Enjoy 4 Questions with Dave Barnes!
1. What is something about your life right now that you would never imagined 5 years ago?
That I would have a written a song that was three weeks at number one and nominated for a Grammy and a CMA award. That, definitely.
2. What is one thing that you would go back and do differently if you could?
There aren’t many things I would change. Honestly.
3. What is one of the happiest moments of your life?
When my son Ben was born. A moment of pure joy. Amazing.
4. What is one thing you want the next generation to know?
Enjoy it all. So cheesy, but be present as it all happens. Even the bad. It’s hard to do, but so beneficial!
Thank you so much for joining in Dave! Be sure to connect with Dave around the world wide web!
I hope everyone reading takes the time to check his music out. His latest album, Golden Days, was recently released, so why not give a copy of the album away (via iTunes)? Just enter here! (All I need is a name and contact email!)
As always, there’s plenty of ways to earn some bonus entries (just leave a comment if you do!):
- Share on Twitter and/or Facebook. Feel free to use this tweet: Get to know @davebarnesmusic and win his latest Golden Days! You can here! http://buff.ly/1dFT0eY via @jamielynne82
- Do you follow Books and Beverages on Twitter, Facebook, or Google + page? Let me know if you do and extra entries for you!
- Sign up for the Books and Beverages Quarterly Newsletter! (5 more entries if you do or if you’re already are signed up!). You can sign up here.
- Join my Mocha Club team here ($8.00/month towards orphan care)! That’s 10 extra entries for you! Also, if you join right now, they’re giving you this sweet mug and print below.
—>Don’t forget to enter here by 2/20/14 at 11:59 p.m. CST!<—